Thursday, December 2, 2010

Are you dependable?

Dependability is so rare nowadays. It's such a crucial quality that people should strive for, yet no one seems to understand it's importance. I have been so frustrated lately with the lack of trustworthiness that has been so evident in my life for the past week. I've also been guilty of being undependable, so it's not generated towards one specific person, but man! I just can not get a break. And it's not like I'm begging people to do things and they end up not coming through. It's when people offer to do things, or assure me that they'll be there, and they don't follow through. Let your yes be yes and your no be no people! Geez, why is it so hard for us to commit? To keep out word no matter what. Everything is so relative, so unstable, and based on feelings. Just chasing after the wind. So frustrating. So sad. Maybe it's just the way I was raised. Maybe I just have extremely high expectations of people. Impossible expectations. Maybe I just put too much faith in people. Actions and words are so far apart that neither can be trusted. Ughh. I feel like I, myself, am the only one I can rely on. And that is wayy too much responsibility.

Thank you, Lord, for being the rock that I can build on. Only You are stable and firm. If only You could send me some of Your pebbles to help me build. I can't do this alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment