Thursday, December 16, 2010

Peace Love Relaxation

Well, this has definitely been my hardest semester in college. Just look at my October posts and you'll think I was depressed or something. Maybe I was, who knows, that word's pretty relative anyway. Nevertheless, I made it through! I am so thankful I made it through. And I'm still sane! ...I think. But regardless of how tough this semester was-mentally, physically, spiritually, and emotionally-the Lord never gave up on me. He was my joy when I felt so alone and exhausted. His word encouraged me to persevere and keep on pushing when I was so close to my limit. The joy that I have in Him was the only thing that I could cling to when my happiness and comfortability in this world didn't fulfill. At the end of the long days that were so very frequent I could lay my head back, close my eyes, and rest peacefully knowing that everything will be okay. I don't think I'll ever appreciate that enough-His peace. It passes all understanding, and even in the midst of all the crazy things this world puts us through, it is the glue that holds us together. When our confidence has been broken into 10 different pieces, it brings 10 people's kind words to lift us up. When we don't make a grade that is good enough for our standards, He sweetly whispers that He doesn't care if I'm "good enough". I take this love and peace for granted all too often, but looking back on this past semester, I couldn't be more grateful. Goodbye busyness, hello relaxation.




No comments:

Post a Comment