Thursday, September 30, 2010

It's just not worth it.

It's not worth giving pieces of my heart out, and being vulnerable to pain.
It's not worth inconsistency, uncertainty, or shame.
It's not worth being lied to, feeling inadequate, or being let down.
It's not worth getting my hopes up, leaving me hopeless in a torn gown.
It's not worth all the memories, the expectations, or regrets.
Not even worth the chasing, deceiving, or forgets.
It's not worth giving it everything I've got, just to find out later you've moved on.
As much as I want to believe I'm the exception, the truth is I'm just another fish in the pond.
Because even though the laughing, smoothies, smiles, texts, phone calls, flirting, loving, giving, hugging, pursuing, and fun are as wonderful as they seem.
It's really just not worth getting hurt to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment